Friday 12 September 2014

Birthday time

Yesterday I celebrated my 18th birthday and to be honest this was the best place to do so:
I spend the day visiting schools and taking pictures of children, doing health cards, having a weekly meeting with all the other staff members and conducting two Extra Lessons at the same time!, because my poor partner volunteer, Satu, was feeling very ill. Luckily I was doing with the smaller ones Multiplication and so could let one of the kids take over asking questions for short intervalls, while I went to the other class. To be honest I think they enjoyed that probably more than me teaching them =D It was a gratifying, but so challenging experience that I don't want to repeat it really so soon. Thanks God is my partner know feeling better. Then of course in the evening I had a quiet birthday party consisting of a lot of calls and chats with all you guys. And would you believe it, Oili and Seppo got me some of the things I was absolutely missing the most: Chocolate, Rice Cakes and Gluten-free flower for cake baking, jipppie.


Altogether the day showed me how being an adult means that your birthday doesn't have to be about you, but that it feels far better if you spend it giving your time and effort to care for others and for a useful cause. And then in the evening, I was reminded how lucky I am to have all you guys to love <3 

No comments:

Post a Comment