Thursday 4 September 2014

What's happening?

So what have I been doing generally? Mainly I have been busy doing all kinds of organisatory stuff, such as Health Cards, a medical card for every child, which requires short interviews with the children and weight, height and blood pressure measurements. Then I have been doing interviews about their lives, taking pictures for their Sponsors and conducting Extras Lessons in Maths and English. I am responsible for twelve children in Grades five to seven and to improve their rather poor Maths understanding. So at the moment we are especially focusing on simple multiplication and rounding of numbers. If anyone has a great idea, how to teach Maths - I am listening!

The most fun thing of course is, spending some time with the kids playing games, such as "Maflowa"-> similar to Quitchie (There are only two ball throwers on both sides and then a certain number of people, who try to evade the balls in the middle (how many there have to be is a secret yet to be uncovered). However, the main group consists of all the very involved spectators, who are waiting for their turn.) Also a great game is "Look inside the Lion bites" actually the equivalent to Plumpssack. And I have taught them "Fischer, Fischer, welche Fahne weht heute?" - they really like that game, but have changed the rules a bit. I even have participated in a soccer game and even though I was mostly standing in the way, we won, wooohoo. 

No comments:

Post a Comment