Sunday 5 October 2014

An update on the food


There are many specialties I have encountered lately: Matemba, which are small and VERY salty fishes or the fried Madora worms, which are actually not too bad.



Otherwise being a vegetarian has never been so easy as here, since I don't actually want to eat the food, I have seen half an hour ago still alive. For the Zimbabweans the proteins are probably necessary and they can kill, pluck and prepare their food, but since I am not able to do the same, why should I then be allowed to eat it? So for me being vegetarian is relatively simple around here. 

Then yesterday was a special day as Satu is leaving tomorrow :'( so the Finnish volunteers made Macaroni casserole and Nyaradzai made one of the most delicious vegetable curries I have ever tasted. With the food there was Mazoe, the favourite drink of every Zimbabwean, which kind of is similar to Fanta but better.

Oh and here is a rather late picture of me desperately trying to cook Sadza:

No comments:

Post a Comment